Monday, August 24, 2009

The UND1SPUTED Best Cupcakes!


So I got a call from Rhonda on Friday after I took her some cupcake samples the day before. She thanked me for the cupcakes and proceeded to tell me that while they were delicious she simply could not eat them all herself. Personally, I think she just wanted to make sure she could continue to fit into all of her stylish boutique clothes!! Even though she couldn't eat them all herself, she wanted opinions on the cupcakes so she took them next door to UND1SPUTED, a local gym that offers training in various martial arts and fighting styles such as Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, and boxing. She said that they really liked the cupcakes and wanted to get in touch with me and possibly order some. Little did she know that I had a short stint there earlier this year and had come to be friends with the trainers on staff. My friends were eating my cupcakes and didn't even know that I made them!

I stopped by the gym after work on Friday and said hello to Ryan, Landon, and Manny and let them know that it was actually me who baked the cupcakes but it took a bit of "convincing" (read: "sample cupcakes") to get them to believe me. Landon inhaled those things like Skittles! I didn't realize that cupcakes were one-bite treats. At least he stopped and took the wrapper off first!

After talking to Ryan and showing him a flavor list the guys ended up placing an order of four dozen for a BBQ on Sunday. Turns out they really liked the Peanut Butter Perfections (how could they not??) and the Lemonade Dreams so I made sure that their order was stocked with them. They also got a chance to try out the newest member of the bunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly! This cupcake was a natural choice after the Peanut Butter Perfection. Once you've got the peanut butter frosting, the possibilities are endless! We haven't settled on a way to decorate it, yet, so its appearance is still being worked out. Here it is with its sister cupcake, Peanut Butter Perfection (brown sprinkles):


They're like little buddies!! The Peanut Butter and Jelly is a vanilla cupcake filled with strawberry filling and topped with fluffy peanut butter frosting. The ultimate lunch-in-a-cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment