Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Fame... It's Going to My Head...

Um, so I know I'm no celebrity, but there's something about being asked for advice that makes me feel super important.  

Like I'm some sort of ZENITH of knowledge.

A wealth of information.

A source of all there is to know.

The end-all be-all of ---
OK, do you get the point yet?   
Can I let my big head deflate now?

Last week, Amber of Amber's Life sent me an email asking me if I had a good recipe for red velvet cupcakes.

Do I have a good recipe for red velvet cupcakes?

Uh...

Does Gertie Rock?  Does doing taxes stink?  Are Reality TV shows overrated?
 [answers: yes, yes, and double yes]

You get my point.

 So yes, I had a recipe to share with her as well as my own recipe for cream cheese frosting.

Here's what she came up with:
Look at these little beauties!  
Look how RICH and RED they are!!

Ohhhhh... that's what a red velvet should look like...

Here they are iced:
Mmmm... word on the streets is that these suckers didn't last long...

Check out the sweet little sprinkles she found to put on top:
Awwww...

Thanks for petting my ego making my day, Amber!! 

(And hey, if any of you get a chance, go check out her blog Designs by Amber, too.  She's so talented!)


5 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful cupcakes! I love the little heart sprinkles she put on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I nominated you for two awards. Come to my blog to claim them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those mini heart sprinkles! I bet the cupcakes tasted fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look absolutely delicious!

    I snagged your button. ;)

    ReplyDelete