Monday, September 14, 2009

Softball Cupcakes - Complete!

These cupcakes came out great! I didn't go all out and fill them but I did try a new recipe: Amy Sedaris' Vanilla Cupcake recipe (as posted by Cassie). I wasn't completely sold on the previous recipe I had been using (they didn't fully rise and had a nasty habit of becoming too dense too easily) so I'm pretty excited about how well these came out.

Look how evenly they rose!

I used my standby Wilton's Vanilla Buttercream recipe to ice them and then piped on the laces:
Too bad ECA doesn't play on a ping-pong team -- I'd be done right here!


Piping laces!

Even though the team lost their final game, they seemed pretty happy to get cupcakes!

These cupcakes were a real catch... hardy har har :)

Executive Cupcake Analyst says, "Yum."

2 comments: