Monday, September 21, 2009

Big Brothers, Big Sisters

Some of you may already know that I've signed up to be a Big Sister with Big Brothers, Big Sisters. Well, after an orientation, an interview, a background check, and weeks of searching, they've finally found a Little Sister for me. Now even though I've already got two little sisters of my own who are just awesome, I thought it'd be a fun idea to pair up with another little girl who may not necessarily have someone older to regularly hang out and spend some time with.

I get to meet my Little today and as an ice-breaker I thought it'd be a good idea to show up with something that really represents me: cupcakes! I made some vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and filled them with strawberry filling. I made some violet-colored fondant flowers to decorate them with, too, because her name is Violet.

Also, I got the chance to try out my Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla. Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely - I'm sure Violet loved the ice-breaker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! I bet she liked them!

    ReplyDelete