Monday, July 27, 2009

New Flavors!


What a cupcake-filled weekend -- my favorite! Saturday was our company picnic and a chance for me to flex my cupcake-muscles, so to speak. I kept it simple and brought out a lovely array of Vanilla Clouds and Chocolate Fantasies. Of course, my beloved cupcake tree made an appearance and did a wonderful job of displaying my little pretties.

Sunday I put together a 24-cupcake assortment of four flavors for Maggie and Carol Beth’s pool party. I kept two of the original lineup, Vanilla Cloud and Chocolate Fantasy, and then debuted two new flavors, Cherry Bomb and a yet-to-be-named Strawberry Lemonade cupcake.


Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb is a deadly combination of moist chocolate cake, sweet cherry filling, and a decadent cream cheese frosting (inspired by my neighbor, Meghan, at 2:00 AM Sunday morning). I had been trying to figure out how to ice the cupcake for a good 45 minutes and I could finally put it off no longer. When she suggested the cream cheese frosting I lamented about my lack of cream cheese and told her I didn’t want to go to the store at that hour. Meghan took one for the cupcake team, though, and donated a tub of her very own cream cheese for the cause. Way to go, Meghan! This cupcake’s for you!


Strawberry Lemonade

The Strawberry Lemonade (still looking for a fun name!) cupcake has quickly become the new darling in the complex. A white cupcake with strawberry filling and topped with lemon buttercream and a slice of strawberry, it holds its own against its sister cupcake, the Lemonade Dream. Judge, our resident beer brewer, was floored by the taste and Ryan, Meghan’s partner in crime, declared it to be his new favorite flavor. I must admit, I’m very excited about these two new flavors.


The whole box came together very really well and again my handy-dandy cupcake tree held the cupcakes in all their glory:

No comments:

Post a Comment